FEBRUARY 15th and 16th
New Zealand Barber Brands “Barber of the Year” is a national skills competition that is open to all New Zealand barbers.
How to Enter
- Fill out the link below to submit your entry.
- Winners will be chosen by our online judges by January 31st.
- You will then be notified so you can prepare for the competition on Saturday 15th of February at Meatstock Auckland.
If selected as a heat finalist:
- You will receive notification from The Cutthroat Journal
- To secure your position to participate in the heat round, live on stage on Saturday 15th of February you will be required to:
- Pay a $60 entry fee ($60 includes a 12 month subscription to The Cutthroat Journal)
- Get yourself to Auckland for the weekend of February 15th
- Bring your own model ( ticket will include 2 model passes ).
Heat Winners will then battle it out live on stage on Saturday 15th of February with the finals being held on Saturday 15th of February to take the title of New Zealand Barber Brands ‘Barber of the Year’ 2020 NZ.
Heat & Final Format
Showcase your best clipper and scissor work
Judged on technique, confidence & workflow
Grand Final Prize
A trip to Australia to compete in Barber Brands International ‘Barber of the Year’ 2020 Competition. Held at The Barber Expo Sydney on July 18th + 19th.
Meatstock Auckland February 15th.