Right now, Australia has a barber shortage so Box Hill Institute’s barber training options open doors for a great career ahead. Study full-time (12 months) or by apprenticeship (2-3 years) to gain all the practical men’s haircutting skills needed to become an in-demand barber. Training is available in the workplace, or at Elgar or Lilydale campuses.
A new training barbershop on site at our Elgar campus ensures that you’ll be practised in all the right skills to become a top barber. You’ll graduate with honed skills in consultation, client communication, sales and professional presentation on top of barbering skills to:
• create traditional and modern hair cutting structures
• cut hair using the clipper and over-comb techniques
• design tracks and carvings
• shave heads and faces
• shape beards and moustaches
• provide general men’s grooming service
Course code: SHB30516
Barbering is one of the hottest new careers around. To enrol or enquire, please call Ruth Browne on (03) 9286 2057.
P: (03) 9286 2057