A must attend event for the Australian Barber Community as well as ladies and gents interested in checking out the latest in men’s lifestyle !
We are excited to present to you a group of industry leaders from different experiences, come together in a line-up of workshops to offer Barber Education from the grass roots up, as well as cutting edge competitions, mixed in with a celebration of the revival of the barber, as a modern day fashion icon.
Dedicated to their art, these talented individuals will show you a vision of how the Industry will be moving forward post pandemic!
- Jake Putan “Do Less” – Jake is an Artist in many aspects of his lifestyle, expressing himself through hair. Jake will offer an insight into his tailored grooming style and habits
- Soak It! – Greg Gates, CEO of Zexa ‘Talks all things hygiene’, solutions for post pandemic barber and hair salons
- TAFE NSW are main sponsors of our ‘Apprentice of the Year Competition’. TAFE will be discussing the tough questions about barbering qualifications and what it takes to become a skilled barber
- Eoin McCarthy, Area Academy – His mission is to challenge the conventional ways in which stylists think about & approach men’s haircutting. He wants to help people discover an alternative belief system and perspective that will ultimately help them in realising their potential
- Sandy Chong, Director of the Australian Hairdressing Council – Sandy will be running a workshop inviting professional barbers to share their experiences and feedback on what is required to become a professional, qualified barber and where changes can be made to improve the process and the industry
- Jordan Tabakman – If you haven’t heard of Jordan previously, he has been a finalist of the American Crew All Stars Challenges for over two years in a row. He has travelled the world as a lead educator, as an ambassador of the industry and celebrity hairstylist of, just to mention two, Nick Kyrgios and NBA’s Aron Baynes. He will be presenting a new and exciting brand CLUB.
That’s where the serious stuff stops, and the fun begins!!
The Rejuvenation of the ‘Australian Barber Culture’ is a thing to behold when you consider that the ‘hair & handsome’ space has now surpassed the ‘hair & beauty’ space. It’s difficult to walk down an Australian High Street without passing a cafe and a barbershop, if not several of each!
Come join us, The Cutthroat Journal, in the main Arena to socialise with our exhibitors and sponsors.
- “Royal Enfield, the Official Motorcycle Sponsor of the Australian Barber” will meet you in the foyer with an array of Motorbikes to please the eye
- “Dr Pickles – Official Sponsor, Tattoo Aftercare Lifestyle Product”. Never forget the experience with a complimentary tattoo
- TAFE NSW – “Official Sponsors of the Apprentice of the Year Competition”
- “Barber Brands International Barber of the Year Competition” Distributing the very best services and brands to the industry
- “Shortcuts – Official Choice of Software for the Australian Barber”. From humble beginnings to leaders in hair salon tech innovation
- “Salon Furniture Australia, Official Choice for the Australian Barber”
- Jack Reed Foundation – come along and get yourself a free haircut from the charitable team at Jack Reed
On the Main Stage of the Arena;
- TAFE NSW Apprentice of the Year – put the cutthroat razor to the side for a moment please! A nurturing introduction into the world of barbering competitions, 1st & 2nd students welcome to apply
- Barber Brands International Barber of the Year Competition Finals – Head Judge, Mister Dan Dixon with over 30-years in the industry, trained in both disciplines (men’s and women’s), competed and won at regional and state levels for mens cutting, featured in multiple editorials, worked for numerous professional companies and owned and operated eight barber shops over the years. Close date for entries is 16th February 2022 (3rd year TAFE NSW students welcome)
- Proraso Beard & Moustache Competition – serious fun business! Not to be missed is this chance to swap hairy stories over a beer or two and watch the top beards and moustaches compete for the best facial hair.
Join us for our celebration of the Australian Barber Industry – a place for those of us who really can’t skate, but still do it cos’ it’s cool. A place for those of us who love music, festivals, late night lock-ins, mates, art, skating, surfing, bad tatts, good Mexican and everything in between, a place to get a good cut and shave and inner sanctum for men’s lifestyle & culture!