From little things, big things grow!
The Australian Hairdressing Council was created to represent the WHOLE industry when it comes to uplifting standards, being a voice to Government, and supporting ethical businesses, in whatever form they take.
Our industry landscape has changed dramatically over the last few years. “As a result of the pandemic, it is estimated that around 70% of our hairdressers have become solo operators without staff,” says AHC CEO Sandy Chong. “This could include being a freelancer, rent-a-chair, mobile hairdresser, or working from a home salon or commercial suite.
“The AHC is concerned about the lack of qualified operators in our industry, which is why we are excited to launch our new AHC membership for sole operators – SOLO OWNER SELECT.”
Solo Owner Select – or SOS for short – has been created for this significant, however largely unsupported sector of the hair and barber industry, due to demand. Solo Owner Select membership is for sole traders that hold a hairdressing qualification and ABN. They can complete a business accreditation checklist plus register their hairdressing qualification on the AHC Hairdressing Australia Industry Register (HAIR).
SOS will have several membership benefits uniquely for the sole trader market.
- SOS private Facebook group so members can be part of a community of industry experts and likeminded business owners to ask questions, share information and be supported.
- Access to AHC discounts and special offers from our Associate Members exclusively for SOS businesses, including a wide array of products and services.
- Free and discounted education programs from industry leading educators.
- Invitations to exclusive AHC events such as Schmoozefest and the Leadership Summit.
- A designated SOS membership manager who understands your business to answer questions and provide support.
- Unique marketing content and regular newsletters.
- A specially created and ever-growing SOS Resource Library containing dozens of templates and documents essential for running a sole trader business.
- Access to one complimentary call to the AHC HR team included in your membership.
- Accreditation from Australia’s leading national industry body to endorse members as a quality, ethical business.
For a limited time only, AHC SOS membership is just $365 per year – that’s just $1 a day! Payments are flexible to suit any budget, and AHC membership is 100% tax deductible.
Our industry is stronger TOGETHER. If you’d like to learn more about SOS membership visit our website: https://www.theahc.org.au/solo-owner-select
Thank you for your support of the Australian Hairdressing Council.